Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Running with GIRLS

Yesterday was my first day at Gyetighi Primary School! We had teacher 'in-service' meetings in the morning and afternoon. I have done teacher meetings before but it was ALL IN SWAHILLI. Oh man. I had to get up in front of the 12 teachers and principle and tell them about myself. I think I sweat through my entire shirt. After I stumbled through my words and finished I got a big round of applause...I think it was for the effort.

I started working on my classroom rules and procedures today. Found out planning takes twice as long when you need everything in two languages.

Yesterday afternoon I went on a run with one of the Form 2 girls and 2 of the female cooks (who are my age.) They are FAST. I love how they run twice a week, in regular clothes (jean capris) and slip on shoes and have 1) no injuries 2) are in shape! They were so so nice, and now there is a woman's running group! Go girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment